Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya has inaugurated a journey through the world of digital assets thanks to a project developed with the Catalan Tourism Agency (Agència Catalana de Turisme). This is a new collection of NFTs that relate some sections of the world championship track with sections of the Grand Tour of Catalonia.
The 5 selected sections are the following:
- The Main Straight of the Circuit – Section 1 of the Grand Tour of Catalonia: a section where the race starts, and another one where the adventure begins.
- Turn 7 La Moreneta – Section 2 of the Grand Tour of Catalonia: a section full of stories, and a section full of history.
- Turns 12 and 13 in the Stadium area – Section 3 of the Grand Tour of Catalonia: a section to race, and a section to share.
- Turn 10 – Section 4 of the Grand Tour of Catalonia: a section to accelerate, and a section to stop.
- Turn 16 Catalunya – Section 4 and 5 of the Grand Tour of Catalonia: a section to win, and a section to get lost.
A total of 3,000 units will be offered for sale through the OpenSea Marketplace, one of the platforms with the most transactions. Moreover, the launch coincided with a moment of great interest in the premier class of motor racing and, more specifically, in the FORMULA 1 PIRELLI GRAN PREMIO DE ESPAÑA 2022.
Users can visit a specific landing page (nft.catalunya.com/circuitcat) to view the collection of NFTs and buyers can register to win prizes. These prizes include experiences at the Circuit, such as the Driving Experience or guided tours, and discounts on tickets for PortAventura Park and Ferrari Land, among others. NFTs collections also offer extras such as access to an online community, limited edition items or physical or virtual events.
“A Circuit to enjoy, a Grand Tour to fall in love with” is the message of the communication campaign, which will always show two sections, one of the Circuit and one of Catalonia -one to go fast and one to go slow-. One to be acquired by purchasing a NFT and one to be able to visit it whenever you want.
This action has been supported by PortAventura World.